S1E21: East Coast Venture Capital and Insurance Startups
On today’s episode, I’m joined by Caribou Honig a founding partner at QED Investors in Alexandria, VA. QED actively supports high-growth businesses that use information to compete — and win. While their support is tailored to the specific needs of each of their portfolio companies, they typically provide a combination of both capital and capability.
In this episode, Caribou and I discuss:
- How fintech and specifically banking tech compares to the path insurance tech is on.
- The innovation and disruption that will inevitably take place within insurance marketing and distribution models.
- The current state of venture capital investing.
- The opportunities that exist in the insurance startup ecosystem.
- InsureTech Connect Conference this October in Las Vegas
QED Investors website: qedinvestors.com
How are we doing? Let us know what you think! Tweet at us using #denimrivet.
Thank you to our episode sponsor Melius.
Will you do us a favor? Will you head over to iTunes and leave us a review and a rating? Your feedback and reviews on iTunes mean the world to us. We’ve even made it super-easy for you. Here’s the link! Thank you.